Sunday, March 29, 2015

Weekend Report: Games at Brian's

Food this weekend ->
Made some tomato meat sauce with spinach and red pepper paste.
Mixed it into spaghetti.  Didn't feel like washing dishes, so I ate out of the pot :)

Got a poutine from Spuds Saturday night.  Got the Pigs Gone Wild again.  Ate half and took the rest home to eat in a sandwich.  Ben got the shawarma poutine.  Looked pretty good.

Useless Gaming News:
Went to the Geek Market Saturday night with Ben and Gordon.  We went during the last hour for $2.  Good thing too.  There wasn't much there.  I didn't get anything.  I was prepared to buy Magic boxes, but everyone was way over priced, even with no tax.
Ben bought steam punk goggle/sunglasses.  I forgot to take a pic.  He also wanted a shirt, but in the 10 mins for him to decide, some else bought it.
The Lego was really cool.  I really like the B-Wing and the Avengers/Ironman's Armoury.
Ironman Lego Suits.

After we played some games at Gordon's house.  With Judy we played 4 player Dixit.  It was really fun.  We also played Quirkle.  A tile matching game with strategy.  Finished the night with a couple games of Magic.

Saturday we gamed at Brian's.  Early start this Saturday too, but I'm not sure why we played.  Brian was sick and kept playing his ipad instead of playing the actual boardgames.  Really annoys me when he does that.  I'm fine having a relaxing evening at home watching TV, AKB shows, or Running Man.
We played 3hr game of DC:Crisis.  Brian totally pissed me off and I almost left.  He didn't want anyone else to buy the power level 7 cards or any Super Power cards because he was playing Superman and wanted them all.  I didn't want to play that way and I bought what I wanted to win.  Eventually Brian threw a fit and started to lose on purpose.  So I eased off on buying the good cards and bought equipment for my character's bonus (Nightwing can "Scry 1") which didn't help me very much.  In the end we still lost because only Brian's deck (who lost Superman and became Green Lantern) was able to deal enough damage to hit the Boss.  I couldn't do anything as my deck couldn't draw enough cards to deal damage, same for Ben and Paul.  This is why all co-op games with Brian is just powering-up Brian games.  Good game itself, but NOT fun game Saturday.
A few short games of Pass The Brain.  The object is to empty your hand.  Everyone is a zombie and some job cards require a brain to complete.  I like it.  I'll be getting it through one of my backed KickStarter games.
We also played a complete game of Aquasphere.  I won, but we all finished 1 point apart from each other in the end.  I could have blown it away if I had known the squidbots make you lose more points when there are more than 1 a zone.  Brian might have won too, if he had paid attention to what I was doing, instead of playing his ipad, and didn't get stuck with no Time tokens left to move.

Useless TV News:
Season Finale of Walking Dead was awesome!!!  I need to watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment