Sunday, March 6, 2011

Galaxy Black Leather Sofa

Some all day gaming was had on Saturday. Gordon, Ben and I played a ton of Magic and a couple games of Stone Age. I haven't played Stone Age before, but after playing a couple of games, I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a copy. I forgot to take pics of the gaming all day except for 1 game of Magic.


^ 3 Player Magic.

On Sunday, Judy, Gordon, Ben and I went to an auction at the Nepean Sportsplex. I was after 3 things: a new dining table, a pirate statue, and a new sofa.
The dining table I wanted had a jack-knife leaf insert (that means the extension insert folds in on itself and hides away inside the table). It also came with 8 chairs. The chairs had memory-foam in the seat. I thought that was cool. I could make "my" chair fitted to my butt :)


^ Dining Table.
I didn't win it and the final bid was $750!

I wanted this Pirate statue.


^ Pirate Statue.
I was going to put on the toilet bowl, because it looks like the pirate is sitting on a toilet. The gun is removable too. It went for $25, but I didn't want to pay more than $15.

The sofa I wanted was a 3 piece Galaxy black sofa set. I think it has level 5 grade leather. 5 of the 6 seats fully recline, the back of the middle seat folds down to be a party tray, and the Captain's chair is a rocker too. I was only willing to bid between $500-$600 a piece.
I won it for $575 a piece ($1725)!


^ My new Captain's Chair.
I'll post more pics once I get my sofas setup and the old ones move away.

Food this weekend:


^ Pho with Grilled Short Ribs and Shrimp.
I was reminded to take a pic when I was 2/3 way through the dish.


^ Spaghetti with Shrimp and Alfredo Sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment