Monday, August 2, 2010

Long Weekend in YYZ

Saturday:
Drove down to Toronto in the morning with my family. 1st place we hit after eating lunch was Pacific Mall, the huge Chinese mall in Markham. Lots of shops and food stalls, with something for everyone. I'll post what I got later.
BTW: No AKB48 stuff. They do have Morning Musume CDs/DVDs.

Meet up with some of my relatives at my cousin Justin's new house for his house warming party. It's a pretty nice place. It technically has 4 floors and located really close to the Superstore. The bathrooms are really nice too.

We had a huge BBQ with a ton of good food. Problem was, I didn't take any pics of it! I was too engrossed with eating :) There was steak, jumbo shrimp, rack of lamb, corn, potatoes, goose, duck, chinese greens, roast pork, and chicken wings (did I leave any animals out?). It was almost like our Christmas feast!
I did get a pic of the cake. The cake was really good with strawberry filling.


^ Strawberry Cake.

Sunday:
Lunch today -> DimSum Buffet:


^ DimSum Buffet Food.

Dinner Today -> "Wasabi" Buffet.
Really good buffet for dinner. I couldn't eat as much as I wanted to, because of all the food the night before and the lunch buffet. This place, Wasabi, is really good. The sushi is made to order and hand-rolls can be ordered in the buffet section. The restaurant is like Hockey Sushi combined with a good Chinese buffet. I ate alot of seafood.


^ Wasabi Sign.


^ Wasabi Food Part 1. (Note: Conch)


^ Wasabi Food Part 2. (Note: Fried Oysters and Fresh Tempura)


^ Wasabi Food Part 3.
The short ribs was freshly cooked when I was starting dessert. I had to try it out. I conclude that the short ribs suck compared to my version of short ribs.

Checked out a Toronto T&T afterwards. I think the selection is alittle more than Ottawa's T&T. What I found interesting was that at 9:30pm on Sunday, the place was packed!
I was hoping to find some Boss Coffee, but none was found :(
There was a neat cake in the bakery:


^ Burger Cake.
(Pic credit to Kevin)

Monday:
Before heading back to Ottawa, we ate brunch at the Food Court at First Markham Place (another Chinese mall). Susanna and I shared Beef Chow Mein, Beef Rice Noodles, Congee, and Fried Bread Rice Rolls (I can't remember what it's called in english.).


^ Food Court Brunch.
All this food for less than $15!
As you can see, I broke the chopsticks wrong. I even used the Azumanga Daioh trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment