Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Creamy Yoke Eggs

Dinner today -> Eggs and Toast.
I saw on a NHK Japanese science show called "Science for Everyone", that to make the egg yoke really creamy, you need to do a few things:
1 - crack the egg carefully into a bowl, by not letting it drop very far. (Dropping the egg more than 10cm will damage the yoke cells.)
2 - spoon out the yoke and cook it for a few seconds before pouring the white back over it.
3 - add a couple spoons of water into the pan and cover.
I tried the above out and the yoke did seem to taste creamier, but I also over cooked the yoke more than I like. I'll have to try it again.


^ Creamy Egg Yoke and Toast.

The show also showed how to make inverse hard boiled eggs (aka yoke on the outside and white in the middle.) I'll try it out before posting about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment