Sunday, April 11, 2010

Weekend of Steak and Mussels

Friday:
Woo hoo! No work again. (Last day of vacation.)
Slept in til 10:30am. Went out and picked up my comic sub from Comic Book Shoppe; found and bought Classics Inferno from Toys on Fire; and got some groceries from SuperStore and Farmboy.

Dinner today -> Steak Round 2!


^ Steak with baby corn and potatoes, Round 2!
(Actually, I couldn't finish the steak.)

Saturday:
Got up early to watch cartoons :) and made a big breakfast with the dinner leftovers.


^ Leftover Steak and Eggs Breakfast.

Dinner today -> Mussels.
Went to Costco and bought a 6lb brick of mussels. I also got some white wine from the LCBO, to cook the mussels in.


^ Steamed/Boiled Mussels in White Wine, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, and Butter.


^ 6lbs of Cooked Mussels: Bowl 1 and Bowl 2.
I ate the 1st bowl of mussels while watching the MTL game vs TOR. Montreal was lucky to get the point and make the playoffs.
I had a glass of wine with the mussels too, but I could only drink 1/2 of the glass. White wine is suppose to compliment seafood, but I don't think it matches with mussels. So I dumped it in the sink and made a big mug of coffee with hot chocolate mixed together. Good stuff :)

The 2nd bowl of mussels: I de-shelled the meat and saved most of it, along with the white wine mussel stock for Sunday.

Sunday:
Used the stock and mussel meat to make congee. I also added a couple chopped preserved duck eggs (aka hundred year old eggs). Not bad, but the congee was abit thick and I made too much.


^ Mussel Congee.

Useless Chuck Norris Info:
Found this pic with my iphone.


^ Chuck vs Giant Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment