Monday, November 23, 2009

It's only Monday

Today at lunch I splashed really hot chili all-over 2 lunch tables. Burnt my fingers, got it on my sweater, got it on the chair... basically I made a big mess. Luckily none of it landed on Marc or his food.

Dinner today was Thick Sliced Bacon Strips with a side of McCain Rising Crust Steak and Mushroom Pizza. Center was a little soggy/greasy as I think all the extra bacon juice ran to the middle of the pizza. Was going to steam some broccoli to go with the pizza but ended up not doing it. (Sorry Emi, still no green veggies in this meal.)


^ Mmmm Bacon with Pizza. Saving 1/2 for lunch on Tues.

Forgot to mention yesterday, that I saw 2 big flocks of Canadian Geese flying in the "V" formation. What made this abnormal was that they were flying in opposite directions. I think one of the flocks is lost and heading NORTH for winter. LOL

Anyone have their Christmas Lights up yet? I saw abunch of lights up in the neighborhoods near my house. Nothing spectacular, but they look good.
I think the main competitors in my Christmas Lights Contest are going to be Steve and Andrew. They've got some of their lights up and will be adding more. If you know where they live, swing by their houses and checkout what the competition looks like. If the decorations look too good, go ahead and re-arrange the lights to your liking... just kidding ^_^ I guess I should make "no sabotaging" a new rule.

Useless Japan info:
Saw this really cool Doggie Piggy Bank. It goes on sale today in Japan. Maybe I'll look for a site to order one. Click the link and watch the little video of what it does. It's really cool.


^ Doggie Piggy Bank.

Monks in Japan are so cool. They dress like Raiden from Mortal Kombat. I think they just stand there, not moving or speaking, waiting for donations.


^ Japanese Monk (aka Raiden).
(pic from shibuya246.com)

60th Kouhaku Invitee List:
The official list for this year's Kouhaku (japanese/ english) is out today. Kouhaku is the biggest live music show held in Japan on New Year's Eve. It is also a friendly competition between the Red (women) and White (men) Teams. 2nd year in a row that Morning Musume wasn't invited, but AKB48 got invited. I'm also surprised Yui wasn't invited.
I'm looking forward to watching the following acts:
Red Team: Aiko, AKB48, Ayumi Hamasaki, Perfume
White Team: Arashi, EXILE, SMAP, and Funky Monkey Babys.

No comments:

Post a Comment