Sunday, July 23, 2017

Weekend Report -> Korean Marinated Blue Crab

Food this weekend ->
I got free soft serve icecream on Friday.  Peter and I went at 11:45 and we were about 6th inline.  We got our cones right away.  I got the chocolate vanilla twist with salted caramel topping.  Perfect for the hot day.
Chocolate & Vanilla Twist with Salted Caramel
I went back later with Katie to keep her company in line.  I was tempted to get another one because we waited 15 minutes for her cone.  Katie got a vanilla cone with strawberry jam center.

Ben made cold Korean buckwheat noodles for lunch on Saturday.  It was very good.  The noodles are in a sour broth topped with sliced pork and eggs.  I also brought vegetarian meat and salt & pepper pork chops.  Susanna and my parent's got abunch of 50% off kabobs from Loblaws and my dad BBQed some.
Korean Cold Noodle Lunch.

After lunch, we made Korean marinated blue crabs.  Ben, Susanna and I bought all the ingredients listed in this site and followed her recipe.  It took alittle while to make the marinade.  I think the marinate needs to be more sweet.  2.5 cups of soy sauce is alot!
Marinade Complete.
Cleaning the blue crabs was alot of work.  We froze them to put them to sleep, but as they defrosted they woke up.  Ben and I picked some big blue crabs.  10 of 12 were female and they had lots of eggs. 
Cleaned Blue Crabs.
We prepared 7 for the marinade and I took the rest home to eat :)
Crabs in Marinade.
Soaked the crabs over night.  I sprikled some sesame seeds and green onion on it.  I ate 1 leg raw.  It tasted OK. 
24hrs Later.
My mom and I agreed it would be better steamed.  And it was!
Steamed Korean Marinated Blue Crabs.
Too much work to make this and probably won't do it again.

With the crabs I took home, I boiled them in salt water and ate them over some french beans (and 1 left over sausage.)  Simple and good meal, but took awhile to eat all the meat from the crabs.
Blue Crabs over French Beans.

Freshly picked cherry tomatoes from my garden.  Each stem has a small dent that seems to be the break off point for picking.  They are very sweet.
Cherry Tomatoes from Garden.

Useless Gaming News:
4-player gaming at Brian's on Friday night.  We finished the TIME Stories Dragon Amulet expansion.  It's a really good expansion.  We them played abunch of short games: Archer Love Letter, Before I Kill You Mister Spy, Sixes, and Space Invaders Dice.  FYI: Space Invaders Dice is a single player game attempting to be a multiplayer game.  Not that good either.  Archer Love Letter is good, but all Love Letter games are good.
Short Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment