Sunday, July 30, 2017

Weekend Report -> Good Dim Sum

Food this weekend ->
On Friday, Peter and I tried out NU Caribbean.  Only on Fridays a fish meal is available.  So I got that.  It was a "King Fish" on rice with slaw and plantains.  I didn't know "King Fish" was the same as "Big Head Fish". 
King Fish Meal.
The meal was amazingly good.  The size of the piece of fish was huge and really thick.  Well cooked, moist, and meaty.  I was surprised with the plantains too.  I thought it would be too much like banana, but it was more like a sweet potato taste.  I would definitely get this again.
Big Piece of Fish!

On Saturday the family went out for dim sum at New Beijing Legend on Bank St.
Dim Sum
Good stuff, but the best stuff they have is rice wrap dishes.  I prefer the shrimp rice wrap.
Meat and Shrimp Rice Wraps.
We also got the fried bread rice wrap and the egg tarts.  The fried bread rice wrap was really fresh and crispy.  The egg tarts tasted just like it was from the good Montreal place.  Very flaky shell and the filling was very good.
Egg Tarts and Fried Dough Rice Wraps.

Useless Gaming News:
3-Player gaming at Brian's.  We played The Dresden Files.  It was better than I remember it, but Brian kept breaking the rules and telling us exactly what cards he has in detail.  Not as fun as it could have been.  This is exactly like how he likes to play Pandemic too.
Dresden Files.
We also played 80's-90's Trivia.  Some really hard questions and some really easy ones.  ie How many friends were on Friends?
80's - 90's Trivia.

1 comment:

  1. I like Nu Caribbean. Very friendly service too. I got curry chicken.

    ReplyDelete