Sunday, April 30, 2017

Weekend Report: Staycation Over

Been on staycation since Tuesday.  I had lots to do planned in my mind, but I ended up playing a ton of Nintendo Switch (Zelda: Breath of the Wild) instead.  I did do abit of shopping, mostly for groceries, and hung out with Julie watching stuff (iZombie, Jackie Chan's Skiptrace, and some of Screem Queens Season 1).

Food during Staycation ->
I made a Walmart MTL spice steak.  This pack of meat was a better cut than the last pack I got.  It was more tender and both pieces were cut the same thickness.
Walmart Steak.

I picked up a pack of buffalo cheese and truffle stuffed ravioli from Stittsville Sobey's.  Both Kanata Sobey's don't carry this!  And Stittsville Sobey's seems to be better stocked with different items than the other ones.  I boiled the ravioli and layered it between some bolognese sauce.  It's really good.
Ravioli and Bolognese Sauce.

I also picked up a salmon filet at Sobey's.  I pan fried/steamed it.  I ate it with some leftover french fries from Glen's Fry Truck (at Canadian Tire.)
Fish and Chips.

Julie made me some homemade pasta sauce.  She made it with tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, onions, and spinach.
Julie's Pasta Sauce.
I made some spaghetti and mixed in some of the sauce.  It was pretty good.
Spaghetti.

Useless Softball News:
We had our first practice last Wednesday.  Half the team was available and we had a pretty good practice.  Steve bought a new bat that is slightly end weighted.  I couldn't hit very well with it.  I think I will stick with the white bat.  I also did about a hundred squats while catching.  I was so sore on Thursday and slept in til noon.  BUT on Friday I was even more sore!  I had to used the railing to go down stairs.  I had a whole day of garden stuff planned, but couldn't do it.

Useless Food News:
Sittsville Sobey's has a freezer full of unique Chinese fondue meats.  It includes camel, crocodile, kangaroo, and ostrich.  I might get some of these if they go on sale.  They were $11.99 each!
Unique Chinese Fondue Meats.

No comments:

Post a Comment