Monday, February 8, 2016

New Aquarium Fish!

Snack today -> Chocolate Covered Marshmallows.
Becky got me this treat from Sobey's for Chinese New Year.  It was very good.  The milk chocolate was just enough sweetness to go with the fluffy marshmallows.

Dinner today -> Croissants with Jam.
Julie shared with me a new way to eat croissants on the weekend.  Today I wanted more.  It's just croissants with abit of tart jam.  We used E.D Smith's Apricot, Peach, and Passion Fruit Jam.  Just spoon abit of jam onto each bit.  It's really good.  The sweet and tart jam enhances the savouriness of the croissant.  Everyone should try this.  It feels like a very high class way of eating too :)

Useless Aquarium News:
Julie helped me out this past weekend to pick out and transport some fish back home to my aquarium.  Thanks Julie :)
My Aquarium with Fish.
I got 6 glass catfish, 5 Red Wag Platies, and 5 Tequila Sunrise Delta Guppies.  I definitely want some more of the guppies.  They actually swim around in a school and play with each other.  One of them even swam backwards taunting the others towards it. 
Tequila Sunrise Guppies.
I also got 5 small Japanese Ghost Shrimp.  I'm having the hardest time trying to find them as they blend in and hide very well with my decorations.  I've only seen 3 at one time, so I don't know if the other 2 are alive or dead (or eaten?).  They are about 1cm long.  I think I want more of these little guys.
Tiny Japanese Ghost Shrimp.
I'm not sure why, but 3 glass catfish have died already!  It was good that I got them 2 for 1, but now its just regular price.  I think another one is starting to go too.  He's lying on the gravel not moving alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment