Sunday, January 17, 2016

Weekend Report: Team Paul Argue

Paul passed away right before Christmas, and one of the last things he did was to book 2 escape rooms at Room Escape Ottawa for us to play.  Gordon, Brian, Ben, and I went to play the rooms on Saturday.  We started with Serial Killer Charade.
Serial Killer Charade.
We had 60 mins to complete the puzzles and escape the room.  We got out at 59:50!  This room is awesome!  The puzzles are really good and they flow really well.  The atmosphere matches this room's style well too.  We used 2 of 3 clues.  I highly recommend this room.  It's uber fun.  And it's not just 1 room... it's 6 rooms!  BTW: The room allows 2-8 players, but we discussed that 4-5 players is perfect.  More than that, people will be getting in each other's way.
After a 30 minute break, we tried the Boom Room.
Boom Room.
This room is pretty fun too.  4 rooms in this one.  The puzzles were chanllenging and different than the Serial Killer room.  We were going at a very good pace and got out in 41 minutes.  We used 0 of 3 clues.  The ending of this room didn't feel like the end.  We were actually surprised when we escaped, as we thought there was 1 more room to go.
I really recommend the Serial Killer Charade escape room.  The Boom Room is OK.  If I were to do this again, I would warm up with Boom Room then challenge the Serial Killer Charade.  Our pics aren't posted yet on their facebook site, but we called ourselves "Team Paul Argue" in honour of Paul.

Food this weekend ->
Hockey Pool Breakfast on Friday morning.  I was suppose to get a free one from James, but I lost to Evan and owed him one.  So I broke even and bought my own breakfast.
Breakfast.
After the escape rooms on Saturday, Ben, Brian, and I went to Moxies for a late lunch.  I got the Montreal Smoked Meat sandwich.  Very good.  Good amount of meat and the Dijon mustard was perfect.
Montreal Smoke Meat Sandwich.
Susanna and I went to T&T on Sunday.  On the way back, we hit the new Popeyes on Hunt Club.  Never had it before.  We got 4 piece chicken combo with mac & cheese, and popcorn shrimp with cajan fries.  The chicken was good.  Very moist and crispy, but nothing special.  I think it is alot like Loblaws.  The popcorn shrimp sucked!  I got hardly anything in the box and it was $7.99!  Totally not worth it.  I'd get the chicken again, but wouldn't go out of the way for it.
Popeyes.
At T&T I found some lobster heads.  1 huge one and 1 small one.
2 Lobster Heads.
Steamed them up for dinner on Sunday.  Lots of green stuff inside both of them, and a decent amount of meat in the head and legs too.
Cooked Lobster Heads.

Useless Gaming News:
Got my KickStarted big box of Tanto Cuore on Friday.  The box is nice, but the plastic insert inside the box was cheap.  Very cheap.  So cheap, I'd probably throw it away and put the smaller boxes inside instead.  They should have just put cardboard lanes inside of it.  I also got the 4th expansion "Oktoberfest", 2 player mats, randomizer deck, and promo cards.
Tanto Cuore Big Box.

No comments:

Post a Comment