Sunday, January 24, 2016

Weekend Report: No Fish Yet and my Furnace Broke!

Woke up Sunday morning and it was freezing outside my blanket.  Found out my furnace stopped working during the night.  Called up Harding and come fix it.  They were really fast and the guy expertly knew what to do.  Apparently the motor inside seized and needed to be replaced.  An extra expense I didn't expect, but I want heat, so I got it replaced.

Food this weekend ->
Got a free breakfast on Friday, thanks to my hockey pool win over "Chuck Norris".  Can't beat the taste of free food :)
Another Free Victory Breakfast.

Hung out with Julie on Saturday.  We went to Dairy Queen, expecting the same deal as last year for Customer Appreciation Day, but only the freezer treats and cheeseburgers were on sale.  We got combo meals, but didn't get any frozen treats.  No pics.

Useless Fish Tank News:
After DQ, Julie went with me to help me get some fish for my fish tank.  We looked at lots of cool fish.  The coolest was the albino sand filtering fish (don't know what it's called.  Couldn't find a sign).  It would suck sand into it's mouth and filter it out through it's gills?  or some hole under it's head.  I should have taken a pic, but I couldn't buy it anyways because it's a marine fish.
There was a neat Black Ghost Knife fish.  The tail looks like a handle the the rest of the body looks like a blade.  It ripples as it moves.  Very hypnotic.
Black Ghost Knife fish.
We also so this evil looking African Cichlid.  They eyes look hollow and reflective at the same time.
Evil Cichlid.
In the end, I got nothing.  I need to do abit more research and set-up my tank with plants decorations first.  I think I want to copy abit of their display tank.  It looks really lush and has a nice setup.
Green Tank.

Useless Gaming News:
4-player gaming at Anthony's on Friday night.  We played a good game of Castles of Burgundy.  Anthony captured 4 of the big flags and won easily.  It was close for the rest of us. 
Then we played "The Game".  We finished with 0 cards in game 1, but Ben made a mistake in game 2 and we finished with 2 cards left.  Good quick team game.
The Game.
We also played the Harbour expansion for Machi Koro.  I kind of sucks, but it could be because it of the random buildings we flipped to start the game.  Most of them were high number cards.

Useless M:tG News:
The new Magic expansion was released on Friday, "Oath of the Gatewatch".  I got my booster boxes, Fat Pack, and Pre-release box.
Oath of the Gatewatch.

Useless Hockey News:
Went to the Senators vs Rangers game on Sunday with Jeff and Anthony's family.  Good game.  Sens won 3-0 and Bobby Ryan scoring got a puppy for a family.
Sens Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment