Monday, January 18, 2016

Clean Fish Tank

Snack today -> Chinese New Year Snacks.
Picked up some Chinese New Year snacks from T&T on Sunday.  I got chinese trail mix, black sesame seed snap, red bean paste stuffed pancakes, and regular sesame seed snaps.  The Chinese trail mix had no flavour to it.  Very bland.  The only flavour came from the raisins.  The rest was soy bean, black bean, peas, and little red fruit.  Won't get these again, but will get more of the others.  The red bean paste stuffed pancakes were really good. 
Chinese New Year Snacks.

Dinner today -> Ribs
Got the Monday Mania special at Big Bone BBQ tonight.  The ribs were abit dry today.  Not as good as before.  The wings were huge this time.  I got them coated with fiery honey garlic sauce.  I also switched the fries for Ceasar salad.  The salad was very wet with water.  I think they forgot to dry out the lettuce leaves.  It's wasn't that good.
Ribs, Wings, and Salad for Dinner.

Useless Project News:
I finally finished cleaning my fish tank.  I started Saturday night because I couldn't sleep.  Dumped the old gravel and washed the inside of the tank with vinegar and water.  I also scrubbed most of the tank with a toothbrush.  I got new gravel from Big Al's Aquarium.  I got black this time.  I think it will look good with bright coloured fish.  The black will make the colour really stand out.  I also got a new heater.  The last heater broke and cooked my glass catfish.  This one is a different brand and cost alot more than the old one.
Rebooted Fish Tank.
Sunday night I found out my filter had a leak in it and soaked my carpet behind the tank.  I had to get a new filter today.  I put alot of money re-starting my tank and I don't even have any fish or plants yet!  Need to cycle the water for couple days before getting some fish.  I need to think of a theme and what kind of fish I want to get too.  I'm leaning towards more glass catfish, but they are hard to find and cost alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment