Sunday, May 10, 2015

Weekend Report: Happy Birthday Ben!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEN!!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Also this weekend was the Ottawa Comic Con.  After see-sawing about going or not, I decided not to go.  I wanted to find had a few things I wanted to buy and meet Richard Dean Anderson.  To meet Richard Dean Anderson it would cost me $80!  I figured $80 + $30 admission ticket + at least spending $100 on stuff; wasn't worth it.  I ordered another box of AKB48 Treasure Cards instead :)

Food this weekend ->
Ben's Birthday dinner/ Mother's Day dinner was lots of Rideau Restaurant dishes, chicken pad thai from KNH, and a bucket of KFC.
Big Dinner.
Dessert was a cake from La Provence.
Birthday Cake.

Made hash browns for breakfast Sunday.  I was thinking of making eggs and toast too, but got lazy and just ate hash browns.
Hash Browns.

Threw together some hotpot ingredients for Sunday dinner: fish cake, various seafood balls, noodle knots, and devil tongue
Mini-Hotpot.

Useless Gaming News:
4-Player gaming at Brian's Friday night.  We played Shadows over the Empire.  It's an OK game.  It might be better with the more advance cards in the box.  We only played the basic game.  Ben got a surprise win at the end of round 4.
Shadows over the Empire.
Then we played Lap Dance.  It's an OK game.  The game mechanics is basically rolling dice to meet conditions to get as much money as possible.  You have to keep pace or you're out.  Brian fell behind early, then Paul.  It came down to me and Ben, but I was able to buy 1 extra $3 tip than Ben, and won.
Lap Dance.

Useless Japan News:
FYI: Sunday was Japan Day in New York.  As part of the festivities, AKB48 had a free concert at Central Park.
Japan Day in Central Park.
AKB Performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment