Sunday, June 22, 2014

Weekend Report: Ribfest 2014 and Meat Overload

Food this weekend ->
Ed, Steve, and I went to Baton Rouge on Friday for my belated-birthday lunch.  I got a rib steak with veggies and fries.  It was pretty good.  A little more cooked med-rare than I would like.
Medium Rib Steak.
Steve and Ed both got the ribs.
Baton Rouge Ribs.
2nd Baton Rouge Ribs.
After lunch, Steve had an accident.  He somehow caught his pants on something getting into Ed's car and ripped his pants open!  LOL The hole is huge!  (FYI: It's green.  The underwear.)
Holey Pants.

Saturday morning I went to Ribfest on Sparks Street.  Since Ben and Susanna were busy, I went solo and picked up ribs from Camp31 and pulled pork, ribs, and chicken from Swine Fellows. 
Camp31 Sign.
Swine Fellows Sign.
I was there at 11am, and there were a ton of people there already and long lines.  Waited 1/2hr at both places for the food.
Left = Camp31, Right = Swine Fellows.

Saturday night, Henry was hosting a BBQ dinner as my relatives were in town.  He made a ton of BBQ food.  Steak, salmon, corn, duck wraps, chicken wings, sausages, and ceasar salad.  It was really good, and I was soooo full of meat.
BBQ Feast.
Dessert was watermelon, cherries, lemon meringue pie, and a chocolate whip pie.  We also had vanilla ice cream sundae with chocolate fudge cubes in a cone (not shown).
Desserts.
The lemon meringue pie was from Perkins.  It was so good.
Dessert Plate.

Than on Sunday, we went for Chinese buffet on Merivale.  I forgot my phone at home so there are no pics, but I ate a alot of mussels and seafood.  This lead up to an early dinner at Scores with Julie and Arseni.  I ordered ribs, but I couldn't finish it.  I was on meat overload.  

Useless Gaming News:
At Saturday's BBQ we played some Click Clack Lumberjack.  Fun game that is not easy.
We also play King of Tokyo.

Useless Movie News:
I went to see "How to Train Your Dragon 2" at Centrum with Julie and Arseni.  The movie is good and enjoyable.  Tells a good story with some action, dramatic parts, and funny bits. 
People will probably need to watch this movie before watching Season 3 of Dreamwork's Dragons.  The outcome of this movie will lead into the TV series.  I need to watch Season 1 and Season 2 now.  Hopefully someone has a copy of it and can give it to me.
Reminder: Next Friday is the "Transformers 4" release.

No comments:

Post a Comment