Tuesday, June 24, 2014

RIP Brian

Went to Brian's Wake tonight.  Lots of past and present CMC friends showed up.

Lunch today -> Farmboy Buffet.
I had to go to the bank at lunchtime, and I dropped by Farmboy afterwards to pick up some lunch.  I got food from their hot food buffet that was paid for by weight ($1.99 per 100grams (I think?)).  I got some garlic linguine, meatballs, butter chicken, General Tao chicken, chicken wings, mac & cheese, and quinoa chili.
The garlic linguine and butter chicken was really good.  The quinoa chili was different, but tasted really good too.  I should have gotten more of the chili, but this plate was $13!  More than I expected, but it was the wings and mac & cheese that weighed the most.

Useless Clothes News:
It was pouring buckets of rain today.  During my brief lunch trip, I discovered that my cheap $17 running shoes from Walmart are NOT water-proof.  When I got back my desk, it felt like I was walking on sponges.  My shoes and socks were soaked and I took them off to dry abit.  I was walking around the office in bare feet all afternoon.
Teaches me for trying to save money and buying cheap shoes.  I wonder how long it will take my shoes to dry?

2 comments:

  1. heheh classic (about the soaker). I like the FB buffet too but have never dared to try some of those items. Also I mix the hot and cold into 1 box

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely try the quinoa chili. I like it alot.

    ReplyDelete