Sunday, June 8, 2014

Weekend Report: CMC Strike Fighters Champions!!!

Useless Softball News:
Our softball tournament was this weekend.
Game #1 was on Friday night.  We won 21-15.  I was 3-for-3, with a double, 2 singles; and 2 RBI.
Game #2 started 9am Saturday morning.  Apparently we aren't a morning team.  We lost 16-8.  With the loss, we were regulated to the consolation bracket.  I hit 1-for-3, with a single.
Game #3 was at noon.  We won  21-8.  Sean hit 3 home runs including a grand slam!  I was 2-for-3 with a 2 singles and 1 RBI.
For Game #4, our opponent never showed up!  We waited an extra 10 minutes for them, but the umpire called the game and gave us the win.
Warming up for Game #4 that never happened.
The Championship match was won by us in a close game, 15-12 against Alcatel.  I was only 1-for-3 with a single.
We played great all tournament, and we won it without "ringgers" that were allowed for this tournament.  Go CMC Strike Fighters!!!

Food this weekend ->
Friday was Donut Day and I got my share of the donuts :)  Boston Cream and Jelly Filled.
Mmm... Donuts.

After winning the tournament on Saturday, I picked up a #15 from KNH.  It's been awhile and it was good, but it was too hot to be eating hot pho.  I was sweating more while eating it.
#15XL from KNH.

Dungeoness Crab was on sale at Loblaws.  I got 1.  It took me 1.5 hrs to destroy it and get all the meat.  I found that nuking it in the microwave was way faster and easier than boiling it.
Big Dungeoness Crab.

The crab wasn't enough and I made some onion pancakes.  I dipped it in some roasted garlic and Parmesan oil.  I think it would have been better to dip into some sour cream, but I didn't have any.
Onion Pancakes.

Useless Idol News:
The AKB48 Group Election was on Saturday.  The top 80 members can be watched here.
But to sum up the ones I watch for:
#19 Kitahara Rie (34,666 votes)
Miichan (#22) and Rie (#19)
#13 Yokoyama Yui (40,232 votes)
Yuihan (#13)
#3 Kashiwagi Yuki (104,364 votes)
Yukirin (#3)
#2 Sashihara Rino (141,954 votes)  Last years winner dropped to #2.
#1 Watanabe Mayu (159,854 votes)
Gavin's favorite won.  Hail the new Queen of AKB.
Queen Mayuyu (#1)
Yuko's graduation was on Sunday, but I'll post about that another day.  I still need to watch the videos of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment