Sunday, March 30, 2014

Weekend Report: Happy Birthday Jim!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM!!!

I'll bring you a slice of Nutella Crepe Cake on Monday.

Food this weekend ->
I had Thursday off and I spent most of the time playing Diablo 3.
I also had Friday off.  I would have spent most of the day playing Diablo 3 too, if I didn't break to go out for Dim Sum at Chu Shing.  I emailed Julie and she was free to go. I haven't been for dim sum in awhile and we got alot of dishes. We had a nice deep chat too.
Dim Sum Starters.
We also ran into Dr.Mok on the streets afterwards.  I had just saw him on Tuesday for my dental cleaning.  I don't see him for a year and now I see him twice in less than a week.  Small world.

Saturday was a late lunch with my relatives from Montreal.  We had Rideau Restaurant take out.  Lots of noodle and rice dishes.
Rideau Takeout 1.
Rideau Takeout 2
Plate #2.
Desserts were good too.  We had egg tarts, carrot cake, and Nutella Crepe cake!!!
Desserts.
Checkout the perfect alternating layering of the crepes and nutella cream.  Cake is from Les Delices Lafrenaie in Montreal.
Layered Nutella Crepe Cake.

Sunday was a potluck at Jeff & Linda's place.  I made Black Pepper Spaghetti with sliced rib steak topped with poached eggs (not pictured).  The runny egg yolk changes the flavour of the spaghetti when you split the poached egg over the noodles.
Black Pepper Spaghetti.
Linda made Sheperd's Pie.  It was good.  I couldn't taste the celery that she put in.
Sheperd's Pie.
She and Teresa made the veggies too.
Mixed Vegetables.
Teresa made Pear Crisp for dessert.  Similar to apple crisp, but this pear version is good.
Pear Crisp.
Margaret made a Minion Carrot Cake.  She's so good at working with fondant.
Minion Carrot Cake.
Ben brought Fish Maw Soup from Rideay and Macarons from Costco (I forgot to get pics of these.  Sorry).

Useless Gaming News:
After dinner, we played some games.  Started with a couple rounds of "Blueprints".
Blue Prints.
Then a long game of "What's He Building in There?".  Anthony destroyed us by getting Stage 3 weapons and Stage 3 escape plans.  Jeff and I were struggling just to get both Stage 1 levels at the end.
Start of Anthony's Slaughter
A closing round of "King of Tokyo".  Anthony won 1 turn before I was going to win with a lucky roll and his Evolution power.
King of Tokyo.

Useless Idol News:
The 2 day AKB48 concert was this weekend.  The 2nd day was suppose to be Yuko's graduation concert, but it got cancelled due to very strong winds.  Sayanee reported part of the stage was blown down.  Not sure how Yuko will graduate now?  Seems like Mother Nature doesn't want Yuko to leave AKB too :)
Cancelled Grad Concert Poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment