Sunday, January 19, 2014

Weekend Report: Triassic Terror Comeback Victory

Food this weekend ->
Made a trip to Comic Book Shoppe on Friday at lunchtime.  Took a different root so I could swing by Frank's Catering for some sandwiches.  I don't think I've ever gotten in during the week, but the sandwiches seemed to be put together abit sloppy.  Ed's sandwich had his tomatoes outside of the sandwich, while mine had the meat lopsided.  The weekend girls make the sandwiches nicer.  Probably because they aren't rushed.
Sloppy Franks Sandwich.

Made Mabu Tofu.  This time I used a package for the sauce instead making it myself from scratch.  It was OK, but I wouldn't get it again. 
Mabu Tofu.
The pack didn't make alot of sauce too, so when it was mixed with rice it wasn't as good.
Mabu Tofu on Rice.

I picked up alot of meatbuns this weekend too.  Ben, Susanna, and I first went to Green Space.  The buns there were OK (right).  I was expecting better quality and the BBQ bun's bread tasted under-cooked.  Afterwards, we went to Kowloon and got some better meat buns (left) and some spring rolls too.  I recommend the deep fried curry bun.  It's crispy, soft, and the green curry ground beef filling is not overpowering.
Meat Buns.

From Green Space, they had cooked lobster in green onion and ginger for only $7.99.  I picked up 1 package.  It was really good and well worth it.  Lots of tail pieces.
Lobster.

Useless Gaming News:
Gaming at Brian's house on Saturday night.  We tried Conquest of Planet Earth.  As expected, a good game by Fly Frog.  I'd like to try it again, but the harder co-op mode.
We then played 5 player Triassic Terror.  Paul pulled away with 27 points in the 1st scoring round.  Because of that, Brian and Ben kept killing his dinos.  I only scored 7 points in the 1st round.  Because of that, no one was targeting me (blue dinos) and I won the game by 2 points with 74 points.  I like this game alot.  It's simple yet strategic.  The random turn order and turn action can really change the tide of the game.
5-Player Triassic Terror.
Red Dragon Inn 4 was next.  It's a game where you have to out drink your opponents by surviving drinking games, gambling, and fortitude attacks.  I like the game.  I should have backed it on Kickstarter.  If they make a #5, I probably will.
5-Player Red Dragon Inn.
We finished the night by playing Machine of Death.  It's a storytelling game of how to assassinate your 4 targets using a random weapon and random characteristics.  Not really my type of game or the game for most of us.  It felt more like a forced English class where you have to makeup a short story on the spot.  I don't need to play this game again.

No comments:

Post a Comment