Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Christmas Break 2013 Report 3

So here is the rest of the foods I ate and/or made over the Christmas break:
I made some Red Curry Chicken.  I used a different brand of red curry for this, and it was good.  Maybe abit too much ginger flavour, but it wasn't overpowering.
Red Curry Chicken.

Frozen Dungeoness Crab Claws and Snow Crab Legs were on sale at Walmart during Boxing week for $20 ($5 off).  I got 3 bags of claws and 1 bag of legs.  I find the dungeoness crab meat is tastier and sweater, but the snow crab legs are easier to eat.
Dungeoness Crab.

Made a big pot full of Spicy Chicken with Shitake Mushrooms and lettuce. 
Broth With Ramen Soup Base.
The broth was mainly red pepper paste and ramen soup base packet.  I learned the soup base trick from watching Jae Suk on Running Man :)
Spicy Chicken, Shitake, and Lettuce on Rice.

To finish off the break, the family went for Chinese buffet on Merivale.  The highlight was the black bean mussels.  They were huge and very tender.  I must have eaten 20-25 mussels.
Huge Mussels.
I also made my congee mix.  I seem to be making this alot a Chinese buffets now.  Not sure why, but it's tasty.
Congee Mix.

Useless Japan TV News:
Finally got a round to watching last year's Downtown's No Laughing New Year's show.  Last year was "No Laughing Enthusiastic Teachers".  It was good but I didn't find it as good as the previous ones like "No Laughing Airport" or "No Laughing Spy".  You can grab the 5hr show with subs from here, along with the 2hr deleted scenes episode and other Downtown's shows.
BTW: This year is "No Laughing Earth Defense Force".

No comments:

Post a Comment