Sunday, January 26, 2014

Weekend Report: DQ Treats

Food this weekend ->
8 person Rideau Restaurant outing on Friday for lunch.  I thought it was going to be a meat overload, but I was glad Jim ordered the Shanhai Bok Choi with Chinese Mushrooms.
Rideau Food: Before...
After a few minutes we destroyed the dishes :)
...After.

Saturday morning, Susanna and I went to Dairy Queen to take advantage of the Customer Appreciation Day.  It was 50% off everything in the freezers except the Orange Bars.  I bought 1 box of Dilly Bars, 1 box of Buster Bars, and 1 Peanutbutter Fudge Pizza.
DQ Treats.
The Pizza is good, but I find it abit salty.  Maybe it's just me.
Peanutbutter Fudge Pizza.

Salmon was on sale at The Superstore.  I got a nice filet, skinned it, and made some salmon rolls and salmon skin rolls.
Salmon Rolls and Salmon Skin Rolls.

Useless Idol Info:
Picked up a package on Friday.  It was from CD Japan.  I wasn't expecting this because I had changed my shipping from EMS to SAL.  The new AKB48 album was only released on Tuesday and I got it Friday.  That's some super fast SAL shipping.
I got AKB48 Albums, Kasai Tomomi 3rd Single, and Weekly Playboy featuring Yuko and Kawaei.
CD Japan Shipment.

Useless Transformers Info:
Picked up some Botshot Launchers from The Superstore.  They were only $6.44 each.  I got an extra Bumblebee by accident.  Forgot I already had him.
Botshots Launchers.

Useless Gaming News:
Gaming night at Gordon's on Friday.  Ben and I arrived early to play some Magic and Zombicide.  We played a board from Zombicide 1, and we beat it fairly easily.  Probably because we were using 6 survivors instead of the minimum 4.  The maps on Zombicide 2 are way harder.
Zombicide.
When Brian and Paul arrived, we played Galaxy Trucker.  The object is to build a ship to transport people/cargo and survive to the end of the race.  I like this game alot.  I think it's lots of fun because of the randomness and random chaos.  Totally my type of game. 
I didn't realize it at the time, but Ben and I figured out that we screwed up the rule of putting the viewed pieces back into the middle of the table.  Most of us were putting pieces back beside us.  That probably helped Brian alot when building his ship for the last round with all the pieces around him.
Galaxy Trucker.
After, we played another long game of DDD (Dark, Darker, Darkest) using suggested house rules.  We beat the game but I find this game not very fun at all.  It's pretty much a 1 player game because you have to do actions according to the group (for us mainly what Brian wanted to do).  We also played the turn order wrong and the house rules made it easy.  I'm pretty sure I won't play this game ever again, and I regret backing this game on Kickstarter.  The game sucks if you're expected to lose and you can't win without using house rules.  Maybe because I'm comparing this game to Zombicide, but Zombicide just completely destroys this game is every aspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment