Sunday, September 8, 2013

Weekend Report: Softball Playoffs 2013

Tokyo won the bid for the 2020 Summer Olympic Games!  I was excited for this as I was wondering if AKB would still be around and popular in 6 years to perform in the olympics.  I was less excited when TVJapan interrupted Music Station on Saturday night to talk about this news for 2hrs.

Useless Softball News:
This weekend was the beginning of the softball playoffs.  CMC Strike Fighters had a 1st round bye.
In the 2nd round we defeated DRS 19-6.  During our warm-up a bee flew under Gary's shirt and stung him.  A few minutes later another bee flew down my back and stung the back of my neck!  What the heck is going on!?!?  Are the bees attracted to our new jerseys?
Our next opponent was Optilean.  This was surprising because we were expecting to face Chipworks.  We lost 26-12.  We faced Optilean during the regular season and they were not this good.  Their season record is 3-15-2 and they made it to the 3rd round through Chipworks and now every other hitter is a home run hitter.  If they were this good, they wouldn't be 2nd last place.  I think something is fishy and I think we were cheated.
CMC Strike Fighters aren't out yet.  We play the semi-finals on Monday and if we win we play the Finals on Tuesday against Optilean.

Food this weekend ->
Rideau Takeout: 2 Treasure Sauce Rice, beef chow mein, and salt & pepper squid.  I pretty much ate this all weekend. 
Ridaeau Takeout.
This is what the 2 treasure sauce looks like with the tomato chicken sauce and creamy shrimp sauce poured on the fried rice.  A very filling and satisfying dish.
2 Treasure Sauce Rice.

Breakfast for lunch at Hurley's after our 1st softball game on Saturday.  Standard eggs over easy, sausages, and white toast, but the potatoes is where it was different.  The potatoes were soft and crispy and covered with garlic flavour.  It's almost like garlic fries.
Hurley's Breakfast.

Useless M:tG News:
Picked up the new Magic: the Gathering Duel Deck - Heroes vs Monsters.  The Heroes deck looks pretty strong, but I'm iffy about the Monsters deck.
MtG Heroes vs Monsters.

Useless Idol News:
Won some AKB0048 Precious Memories game cards on ebay.  I got most of the set and I'm missing a few uncommons and rares, and alot of the 4star rare foils.  I did get a 5 star foil rare of and Autograph Mayu card.  I've got 2 more booster boxes coming in the mail.
AKB0048 Precious Memories Cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment