Sunday, July 8, 2012

Weekend Report: Defending Flag #3

Jeff and Linda had a little potluck on Saturday.  I decided to make croquettes.  I've never made it before, but I saw it on a Japanese cooking show, and it looked easy.  For filling I used instant mash potatoes, breakfast sausages (de-cased), and peaches n cream corn kernels.  I mixed and molded them by hand.
Croquette Molds.
I setup my assembly line for deep frying: flour, egg wash, and panko.
Assembly Line.
This is the 1st one after deep frying.  It was crispy and delicious fresh out of the fryer!
Croquette #1.
This is the batch I made for potluck.
Croquettes for Potluck.

Dinner Saturday -> Potluck Food.
Some good stuff at dinner: ribs, potato salad, broccoli, corn, and my croquettes.  The ribs were really good for fall off the bone.  Ben's potatoes were good too.  My croquettes were OK.  They weren't crispy any more :(
Potluck Food.

Dinner Sunday -> Chicken and Tofufa
I cooked more chicken in the stone pot on Sunday.  It was my backup potluck food incase my croquettes didn't work out.  I made it with carrots, red onions, red potatoes, and corn.
Backup Food.

I had tofufa with fruits for dessert.
Tofufa with Fruits.


Useless Gaming News:
We played 5 player Robo Rally after potluck.  It was pretty fun.
In the last game, everyone was going for the flag #3, when I didn't even get flag #1 yet.  So I hung around flag #3 with a "Pressor Gun" (pushes opponents 1 square away) and kept the other players from winning for as long as I could.  It was hilarious :)  I end up only drawing 1 card but had Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 1, and a Right Turn locked.  Jeff won in the end.
Guarding Flag #3.


No comments:

Post a Comment