Sunday, July 29, 2012

Weekend Report: Cleaning

Useless Shopping News:
Susanna and I went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond on Saturday morning.  I wanted to get some gadgets that were on sale.  I got a Sticky Buddy, an Insta-Hang, and a mini-steamer.
New Gadgets.
I tried out the Insta-Hang, and it's OK.  It's hangs pics easily if you use 1 pin.  But when using 2 pins it's hard to see exactly where the pin will be put.  Also the pins can't be re-used in the machine.  I don't recommend it.  Just use a regular push pin.
I'm going to use the Sticky Buddy to clean the window screens (a trick I learned watching an AKB show.).

I spent the rest of Saturday vacuuming and cleaning the house.  I got the basement and 3/4 of the main floor done.  I would have gotten more done if I didn't stop to play Diablo 3 and Tiny Tower every other hour :) 

Useless TV News:
I watched most of the opening of the Olympics on Friday.  The best part was Mr.Bean.  If you haven't seen it, go look for it on YouTube.  I was disappointed by the James Bond part.  I expected something more exciting or a gadget or something.

Food this weekend ->
Went to T&T and got some Sweet n' Sour Pork, Mushroom Bean Curds, and Chow Mein.  The large sweet n' sour pork was on sale.  I should have got 2.  It was really good.
T&T Food.

I also marinated and BBQed some Korean Short Ribs.  Also BBQed a few mushrooms and cooked some beans to go with it.  These short ribs are way better than Costco's, but the meat quality isn't as good.
Korean Short Ribs with Veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment