Sunday, May 8, 2011

Weekend Report: Mother's Day

My dad's retirement from CMC for 36 yrs of service, was on Friday at Baton Rouge. Speeches by Jim and my dad.


^ Speeches.

I finally got a myself a good steak too. I ordered a medium-rare rib steak and I got it medium-rare :)


^ Baton Rouge Rib Steak.
I choked abit on a piece with too much horse-radish sauce on it.

Food this weekend ->
Live lobsters were on sale at Metro this weekend. I got 2 and I completely destroyed them :) They were so good. 1 was female and full of lobster roe! I boiled them is salty water with a few red potatoes.


^ Lobsters (Before Shot).


^ Lobsters (After Shot).
I put a couple of the empty claws in my fish tank for decoration.

Saturday night the family went out for dinner at Little Sheep Mongolian Hotpot. It was for Ben's Birthday.
I thought I ate alot, but I think Jane and Ben ate way more than me!


^ Hotpot.
We hit Ikea afterwards for some $1 Frozen Yogurts :P


^ Ikea Frozen Yogurt.

Relatives from Toronto visited on Sunday, and we had a big Mother's Day BBQ with our grandparents. We always make too much food, and we stuffed ourselves silly.




^ BBQ Food.

Useless Gaming Info:
I discovered that there are some iPhone apps for the Fighting Fantasy game books I used to read. I bought the Deathtrap Dungeon book and read/played it til 3:30am Saturday night. The app automatically does everything the book does, but I felt that the dice rolls for the monsters (red dice) usually roll higher than the player's dice (blue dice) rolls.
I think I will be getting the other FF apps, even though I already have all the re-released books and most of the original books.

No comments:

Post a Comment