Thursday, May 5, 2011

I Hate Well-Done Steak

I had a lunch paid for by CMC at Montana's Cookhouse in the Centrum today. It was for completing one of my projects and the Kanata team was invited out for lunch.
I ordered the featured meal, a cookhouse 8oz Sirloin steak. The picture on the menu looked really good.
I ordered it medium rare, with smashed potatoes, fried onions, and spiced corn.
What I got was a well-done steak, smashed potatoes, fried onions, and coleslaw.
I was really disappointed with the steak. It was way over-cooked and tiny! I like my meat bloody. I would have sent it back if I hadn't been sitting there for an hour already.


^ Montana's 8oz Sirloin Steak (Artist Rendition).
I forgot to take a picture of the meal, but I created my rendition with Paint. The smashed potatoes with cheese was really good as was the fried onions.

Friday is my dad's retirement luncheon from CMC. I think he's been with CMC for 37 years? I'll need to meet or beat that record :)
His lunch is at Baton Rouge. Hopefully the steak shouldn't be screwed up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment