Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy 80th Birthday Grandpa!!!

Happy 80th Birthday Grandpa!!!

We ate cake before going out for dinner:


^ Birthday Cake.
(You can see from the cake, my grandpa is into Mahjong.)

We went to Chu Shing in Chinatown for dinner. We got the "Dinner for 6" with Lobster.


^ Fish Maw Soup and 1/2 Chicken.
Fish Maw Soup is my favorite. I filled up on 3 bowls of the soup. I discovered later that this was my fatal mistake, as it meant I couldn't put way more of the good food that came later.


^ Garlic Chives & Liver and Tender BBQ Steak.


^ Lobster, Baby Bok Choi, De-boned Fried Fish.
The fish dish is really good. They de-bone the fish backbone and take the meat off it. Then they deep fry the surrounding outer fins and tail so it is crispy and you can eat the remaining bones in the fins. After that, they cook the fish meat with snow peas and put it back in the center of the fish.

When eating lobster, most people like prefer the claws or the tail; but I prefer the BRAINS!!! Mmmm... brains.


^ Lobster Tomalley.
I also like to eat the hidden meat in the back of the head, behind the eyes :)) yummy!

April Fools Day was on Friday, and I brought my fake tube of chips to work. It's got 2 very springy snakes that spring out when you open the tube. I pranked a whole bunch of people with it :) I left the tube at Becky's desk (where she usually leaves food for anyone to snack on), sent an email out saying I found some really good chips from FarmBoy, and waited for hilarity to begin. It didn't take long at all :)

Went to the Leafs @ Sens game with Gordon on Saturday night in the CMC box. I noticed that almost the whole 300 section was dressed in Leaf's Blue, and their chants were drowning out the Sens crowd.
The games was alright and pretty uneventful, until Spezza's breakway goal in the 2nd period. After Spezza scored, I found out Spezza has his own song when he scores! (They say his name at the 1min mark.)
Sens lost 4-2.

Other food this weekend ->
I've been marinating some short ribs since Monday night. I finally got around to cooking them this weekend.


^ Korean Short Ribs with Bread.


^ Eggos with Peanut Butter and Syrup.


^ Korean Short Ribs with Kraft Dinner.
I still have enough short ribs left for another serving or 2 this week :)

Useless Idol Info:
I finally finish downloading 40GB of the "AKB48 2011 Request Hour Best 100 LIVE at SHIBUYA AX" DVDs (5 Discs) over the weekend. I always get the ISO version of this awesome concert. It's full of hidden contents too. I finished watching the 1st disc (#100 through #76) Sunday night. Each disc is over 2hrs.
Get it here if you want it (iso or dvd rip).
(credit to AikyiTaizne48)

No comments:

Post a Comment