Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bone Marrow Congee

There was an Easter Egg Hunt today at CMC. I was busy, so I only found 3 eggs.


^ CMC Easter Eggs.

Dinner today -> Bone Marrow Congee.
It took me 2 days to make this "Bone Marrow Congee". Why? Because yesterday I needed to boil the soup bones until the marrow was cooked and until the flavours were boiled out. Then I put the broth into the fridge overnight to solidify the fat that had floated to the top.

Today, I removed the solidified fat and was left with a tasty clear broth.


^ Broth with Solidified Fat and Without.

After, I took the marrow out from the bones and chopped it up with the remaining meat on the bones. Finally, I added the rice, some chopped BBQ pork, and a couple sliced preserved eggs. This made a really superior tasting congee :)


^ Bone Marrow Congee.

Useless Idol Info:
Gavin and Emi got me a manga magazine from Japan that included a pullout 2011 AKB48 Calendar. It's still good for 8 more months :)


^ (OoO) Kasai!

Useless Hockey News:
MTL beat BOS 2-1 in Game 6 tonight. Game 7 Wednesday night!
Go Habs!

No comments:

Post a Comment