Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend Report - Hot Pot Moat.

I spent about 1/3 of the weekend at CMC, doing work for 2 different projects. I should have banked enough time to take this Friday off :). This Friday is also new Magic set "Mirrodin Besieged" release day :))

I need this:


^ Gas Hot Plate surrounded by a Hot Pot Moat.
There is a restaurant in Tokyo that serves this. It's like Yakiniku and Hot Pot at the same time! Also, the drippings from the meat fall into the broth of the hot pot moat! If anyone knows where to get one, let me know immediately!!!

Food this weekend ->
Went to Kowloon Market in Chinatown. I haven't been there in a very long time and they have remodel most of the store. The new seafood section has alot to choose from. I got a Skate Wing, and Ben bought a whole Monk Fish.


^ Steamed Skate Wing.
It turned out alright. I think it would have been better if I breaded and deep fried it, instead of steaming it.

Made some Osaka Beef Curry on Sunday. This was really good. I added 1/2 can of Coke to slightly sweeten and thicken the sauce.


^ Osaka Beef Curry on Rice.

Useless Idol Info:
I got another package on Friday. More AKB48 stuff from HMV Japan \(^o^)/
I got AKB48 sub-group: French Kiss's 2nd single "If" DVD Comic Version and Normal Version; Itano Tomomi's "Dear J" Type A and Type C.


^ French Kiss "If" and Itano Tomomi "Dear J" with 1st press photos.
I'm not a big fan of Itano, but her B-side song "Stay By My Side" is great. I think it is better than "Dear J".

2 comments:

  1. I like the gas hot plate as well. Could you email me at tw_jcc at yahoo dot com if you know where to get one? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I still don't know where to get one.

    ReplyDelete