Sunday, July 4, 2010

Weekend Report

Friday:
Went to T&T. They now carry onigiri (Japanese rice balls)! I got some Teriyaki Salmon and Unagi ones.


^ T&T Onigiri.
It's not bad, but you can tell this is a "chinese" style of onigiri. There is no filling, as the fish is mixed in with the rice throughout. I think it's kind of lazy...
Note: Definitely not as good as the ones I had in Japan, and not AKB48 quality...


^ AKB48 made Onigiri for 7-11 Comercial.
(Current AKB48 promotion with 7-11 stores in Japan. You buy X amount of AKB food and you get photos and random bearbricks.)

Saturday:
A Transformers marathon was on Teletoon Retro on Saturday. I watched a bunch of bits of some episodes.

I was watching Survivorman eating Whichetty Grubs both alive and cooked. He said they taste peanut buttery. I suddenly had the urge to eat peanut butter on toast...

Lunch today -> Salmon marinated in Maple Syrup, Lemon, and Soy Sauce.
The salmon was starting to go bad, so I had to cook it before eating it. I wanted to sear it and leave the center rare, but I thought against it incase the fish had gone bad; so I cooked it through. I hate when fish is cooked through like this.


^ Maple Syrup Salmon

Dinner today -> Beef and Chinese Greens on Rice.
Made this before. Nothing special.


^ Beef and Chinese Greens.

Sunday:
Got some groceries in the morning, and then spent most of the day in the basement. It was super hot today and I held off from turning on the air conditioning. Watched alot of Corner Gas Season 1 and 2 on DVD (hilarious show).

Dinner today -> Fettuccine with Meat Sauce.


^ Fettuccine with Meat Sauce.

Useless Japan Info:
New info on the Gundam Plane. The maiden voyage is now July 16, flying from Tokyo’s Haneda to Osaka’s Itami Airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment