Monday, September 24, 2018

Weekend Report -> Tornado

Food this weekend ->
2 Tornadoes hit Ottawa on Friday.  Destroyed the Merivale transformer station and knocked out power to most of the city, including my house.  I was out on Friday but on my way home I noticed hi-tech park had power.  After a short stop at my parent's house, I decided to wait out the blackout at CMC. 
I monitored they Hydro Ottawa site to see when I got power back.  To kill time, I found the season finale episode of Game of Thrones on Ed's shared folder and watched that while snacking on chips and chili.  I watched the animated Transformers: The Movie after :)
Blackout Snacks at CMC.
Around 1am there was a notice I got power back.  I headed home, but the site was wrong.  There was power back but it stopped about 2 blocks from my house!  D'oh!
I stayed at Susanna's house on Saturday because she got her power back.  Watched Voltron Season 1 on Netflix.  Pretty good.  I didn't know they made 7 seasons!  We ate soup, ramen, pizza, meat pie, cake, lemon tarts, and a shrimp ring.  I don't know why I didn't take any pics?
I got my power back on Sunday morning.  All my fish and ghost shrimp survived while the air pump was off.  The heater in my shrimp tank didn't work after the power came back.  Got a replacement today.  Also all the ice melted in the fridge ice maker.  All the water dripped down over all the other frozen foods.  When the power came back, the water re-froze and covered everything in a layer of ice!

Dinner today -> Mussels
I decided I'm going to eat all my freezer food.  I started with defrosting a box of mussels.  I broiled some in the oven, topped with garlic butter and 3 cheeses.  Good stuff.
Mmm... Mussels.

No comments:

Post a Comment