Sunday, September 30, 2018

Weekend Report -> Eating Out.

Food this weekend ->
On Thursday, Steve, Ed and I got sandwiches from Frankie's Deli in Bell's Corners.  No relation to Frank's Catering, but they have similar sandwich styles, aka lots of meat wrapped in butcher's paper.
Steve got the Frankie's Mix.  Looked very good.  Steve said it wasn't as good as Frank's because the cold cuts aren't freshly cut, but still very good.
Frankie's Mix.
Ed got the Ma Va.  It looked very good too.  Ed loaded it up with all the toppings.
Loaded Ma Va.
I got the Canadian.  It wasn't as thick as the one Becky got last week, but there was a generous amount of turkey chunks.  Also very good.
Canadian Sandwich.
FYI, if you go, go before noon.  There is a line out the door.

Friday lunch was at La Point's for Ajit's farewell lunch.  I started with New England Clam Chowder.  Lots of little clams in it and very creamy.
Clam Chowder.
The main course was Fish and Chips.  Very good fish.  I got haddock.  Just enough batter and very crispy.  Perfectly cooked.
Fish and Chips.

I made stew to eat on Friday dinner.  I started preparing it on Wednesday night by boiling 4 marrow filled soup bones in some dashi, and then letting it cool over night.  Then I removed some of the solidified grease and added chunks of pork side rib meat on Thursday night, and letting it cool again over night.  Removed more grease and boiled it again on Friday with red onions, carrots, and potatoes.  The broth was very flavourful and sticky from boiling out the gelatin from the bones :)
Stew.
I reheated it again on Saturday and added tofu curds, bacon squares, and quail eggs to the leftovers.  I should have taken a picture, because this was better than the stew on Saturday!

Went to Geek Market on Sunday.  Got a few little things, but it was cramped in the Curling Rinks at the Nepean Sportsplex.  I had a craving for chicken, so I hit The Fry for dinner.  I got half-and-half chicken with Soy Garlic Chicken and Fried Chicken in Sauce.  I also got an order of rice cakes.
The Fry Boxes.
The chicken was amazing.  I think I ate half of the chicken in 1 sitting.  I ate the rice cakes later.  This was really good too.  Last time it I got it, it was too spicy, but this batch was good.
The Fry Revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment