Sunday, August 19, 2018

Weekend Report -> Messy Frank's Sandwich

Ed and I helped Peter and his friends move to his new house on Saturday.  He said he did alot of it on Friday night, so there were only 10 boxes left.  I was like "awesome".  LIES!!!  Yes he had about 10 packed boxes left, but there were a ton of other unpacked stuff to move!  We spent about 2hrs packing shelves, bed frames, chairs, tables, etc.  Then we dumped everything at the new place.  His apartment still is still half-full of stuff!

Food this weekend ->
Got cookies from Loblaws at Carlingwood Mall Thursday night.  They were the hard-to-find Oatmeal Cookies.  Kanata Loblaws and Farmboy only sells oatmeal raisin cookies, so I never buy it.  The plain oatmeal is a better cookie.
Just Oatmeal Cookies.

While driving to Peter's new house on Saturday, Ed and I stopped at Frank's Catering and got some sandwiches.  The guys had a conveyor belt system going and were making 7 #1's at one time.  Probably more efficient for them, but the quality control was really bad.  I unwrapped one Saturday night and there was sauce everywhere!  Also the meat was lop-sided.  Most of the meat was on one half of the sandwich while the other half was mostly bread.  I had to manually clean-up and redistribute the meat manually.  I don't think I will get sandwiches on the weekends there anymore.
Messy Frank's #1.

Spent Saturday night and most of Sunday working at CMC.  Went to KNH and got chicken pad thai for dinner.  The portion size was big, but the price for pad thai had also gone up, up alot.  I pad almost $20 for this with 15% tip!  I should had just gone to Wendy's.
Expensive Pad Thai.

Useless Gaming News:
Ben and I went to Brian's on Friday night for boardgames.  We started with Sailor Moon: Dice Challenge. 
Looks Good, Plays Bad.
The game cards look really nice and there are alot of characters to use, but the game play really really sucks.  Seemed to be aimed at very little kids.  Too bad.  I would gotten this game if it was decent, but it really sucks.
Then we played Now Boarding.  This game was good.  It's a coop game where each player controls an airplane that moves x spaces and carries y passengers.  The object is to deliver passengers to their destinations before they get too mad and make a complaint.  3 complaints and the game is over.  We just barely won on the last turn and ended with only 1 complaint.  Good game to play.
Now Boarding.  Coop Fun.
We finished the night with a Bob Ross painting game.  This game is fun.  It's similar to Ticket to Ride with a few little twists.  Its a Target Exclusive, but I think I want to pick it up.  I would change the rule about no max hand size.  Someone will abuse the rule and spoil the game for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment