Thursday, August 9, 2018

Cat Ears for Cats

Dinner today -> Dumpling? Dumpling!
Ran some errands with Julie tonight and then we went to Dumpling? Dumpling! for dinner.  We used a meal for two Groupon and this time we got pan fried beef & curry onion dumplings (got steamed last time) and steamed chicken & chinese mushroom dumplings.
Mmmm... Dumplings.
The meal included 2 soups, 2 spring rolls, and 2 bubble teas.  The pan fried beef and curry onion dumplings were awesome.  There was alot of soup/juices in them and they popped the liquid out when bit.  We had to be careful as they were hot.  They taste better dipped with the black vinegar.  The chicken and chinese mushroom dumplings were disappointing.  They lacked flavour.  I think these would be better served boiled in a soup.

Useless Food News:
Picked up a couple packs of frozen soup buns from Sobey's.  One each for Ed and myself.
Frozen Soup Buns.
I went looking for these after reading this article about how to correctly eat soup dumplings.  They look like regular dim sum packs but the front of the packaging says "Soup Filled".

Useless Garden News:
I caught the chipmunk that is eating my cherry tomatoes red-handed on Wednesday.  I went home for lunch and saw him sitting casually on my patio chair, chomping away at a fresh red cherry tomato.  He dropped the evidence when I whipped out my phone to take the picture.  Then he hid in the tomato plant.
Chipmunk Caught Red-Handed.
A few minutes after going inside, I checked and he was back on the chair finishing his interrupted meal.  I think he notice I was watching and dropped the tomato again when I tried to take the picture!  He is pretty cute.
Chipmunk Finishing His Meal.

Useless Pet News:
I got a box of Cat Ears from Japan for cats that want to cosplay as cats :)  Julie put them on her pets.
Lux didn't like it at all and wouldn't stop squirming to take a picture.  Maybe pink ears doesn't suit him.
Lux the Cat, Cosplaying as a Cat.
His brother Cass didn't care and just layed there.
Cass the Cat, Cosplaying as a Cat.
Sherlock the dog, tolerated the cat ears and looked good with purple ears.
Sherlock the Dog, Cosplaying as a Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment