Monday, July 30, 2018

Weekend Report + Monday ->

Four days off was great.  I took it easy and did alot of laundry, some shopping, napped alot, did some reading, and played a few boardgames and NES games.  The only thing I didn't get done was to go to Barrhaven and buy Korean Fried Chicken and tteokbokki.

Food this weekend + Monday ->
Got pizza from Willy's Pizza on Saturday.  I got the large 3 topping with 3 cans of pop deal.  I ordered the Tropical Chicken pizza.  It's got diced chicken, pineapple, and bacon on it.  I usually don't like pineapple on pizza, but I tried a slice of this from Becky last week and I really liked it.  This combo works and will definitely get it again.
Tropical Chicken Pizza.

Someone made this amazing salsa today and shared it at Becky's desk.  I think I ate 10-12 bites of this with Scoops.  I'm going to try and recreate this salsa sometime from this picture.
Tasty Salsa.

Useless Gaming News:
Jeremy and Arseni came over on Saturday to play boardgames, but Julie couldn't make it.  We played Founders of Gloomhaven and Age of Towers.
Founders of Gloomhaven has (Tetris-like) Tile placement, Worker placement, and Action selection game play to score points.  It's pretty good.  I'll need to play it again to confirm as this was a learning game.
Age of Towers is a Tower Defense-type game.  We only used the base game components but it was pretty good, but simple.  I have all the KickStarter extras which adds alot of variety in the monsters and buildings.  Without the extras, I don't think this game is worth it.

Useless Toy News:
Picked up the exclusive Wreck-Gar from EB Games today (Thanks Gordon).  While there I also noticed they had a NES Classic controller in stock.  Got that too :)
Wreck-Gar & NES Controller.

No comments:

Post a Comment