Thursday, July 12, 2018

Double Rideau

Been busy every night this week and didn't get around to posting anything.

Useless Softball News:
Strike Fighters played against Bad News Beers on Tuesday night.  We lost 12-20 (I think).  It was a good game, but they out powered us.  John hit 2 home runs in the game too!
I hit 2-for-3 with a single, fly out, and a double.
Marc at Bat

Food this week ->
After softball, Marc and I went to check Loblaws for discount food.  We found Triple Chocolate Cookies for 50% off :)  These are so good.  Nuking them for 5 seconds in the microwave make them even better.
Triple Chocolate Cookies.

Friday is Evan's last day at CMC.  We went out for lunch at Rideau Restaurant today.  I was hoping we were going somewhere else, as Julie and I just ate Rideau on Wednesday night.  Meh, Rideau is still good 2 meals in a row.  We ordered 7 dishes for our group of 6.  We got Szchewan beef, lemon chicken, salt & pepper squid, fried beans with pork and dried shrimp, sizzling black pepper steak, shrimp & lobster sauce, and Chinese sausage in fried tofu balls.
Rideau Lunch.
We feasted, but we found the Szchewan beef dish to be lacking in the beef and having too much fried batter.  I thought it was still pretty good, but Szchewan beef connoisseur Ethan thought otherwise.
Filling My Plate.

Useless MtG News:
Core Set 2019 is released on Friday.  I got a box from Gaming Kingdom because the Nexus of Fate card is not in the regular set and can only be obtain through the "Buy a Box" promotion.  I couldn't get it from Miraj Trading because they don't participate in the "Buy a Box" promotion.  This might make it more rare than a mythic rare.
Buy A Box Promo.

No comments:

Post a Comment