Sunday, December 4, 2016

Weekend Report -> Creton

Food this weekend ->
Took Friday off to shop and run errands.  Julie went with me to help me pick tree ornaments, an ugly Christmas sweater, and to hangout.  For dinner we picked up some fresh baguette, horseradish cheese, cranberry cheese ball, prosciutto, and creton from FarmBoy.  I've never tried creton before, but Julie says it's really good on bread with abit of yellow mustard.  It was!  It reminded me of a mix of Shwartz's deli and pate.
Cheese and Cured Meat Dinner.

I made a Hamburger Helper medley on Sunday.  I prepared some stew meat in the morning (cooked, cooled, and heated the meat again to make it tender).  Threw in some salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic, and hot chocolate mix to make a broth.  When I was ready to eat, I mixed in the Hamburger Helper stuff and added extra spaghetti and frozen veggies.  It made a good amount of food.
Hamburger Helper Medley.

Useless Toy News:
I bought a new puzzle on Friday from Play Value Toys: Number 6 of the What If? series.  I wasn't planning on finishing it, but Julie and I worked on it until 4am Friday night and we finished it.  I like these puzzles.  You go into them blind with only a little bit of help from the box.
Puzzle.

Gordon was able to score an amazing deal for the Lego SHIELD Helicarrier.  It's $400 on Walmart.ca, but he was able to get a sale price of $210 (+ tax) at Toys R Us by buying 2 (Buy One, Get One 1/2 off).  Thanks Gordon!
Lego SHIELD Helicarrier.

Useless Gaming News:
We did 3-player gaming at Brian's house on Saturday night.  We started with Star Trek: Five Year Mission dice game.  We lost the first 2 games, and won the 3rd at Commander Level.
Then we played Running with the Bulls dice game.  I like this game.  It's all luck and dice rolling with some card playing strategy/manipulation.  The smaller dice are the players people who are running from the bulls, which are the larger red dice.  The player's dices move depending on the value to the odd/even paths.  The bulls run the people down if the dice match the bull.  Fun and simple game.
Running With The Bulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment