Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Wednesday Milestones

Dinner today -> Milestones
I was still under the weather, but I went out shopping for my final Christmas gifts tonight, and Julie tagged along to help me.  We took a break for dinner at Milestones.  It happens that they have a "Wednesday Date Night" special, and today was Wednesday.  The deal was very good.
We started with Coconut Calamari.  It was amazing!  The squid practically melted in your mouth.  Perfectly fried in coconut bits and the dipping sauce had a good spice to it.  It helped that I couldn't taste the mango in it too.  We destroyed the dish before I took a pic.
For entree we both got the Steak Frites.  Mine was a perfect medium rare.  It comes pre-slice which was a nice touch.  The fries were like good chip wagon fries and sprinkled with salt and Parmesan.  The were good at first, but I found it got really salty later.
Steak Frites.
Julie ordered a Blackberry Vanilla Bourbon Sour.  I took a small sip as I was still taking medicine.  The berry flavour hits you at first, then the sour, and finally a slightly smokey bourbon aftertaste.  Very nice drink. 
Blackberry Sour.
For dessert we chose the Ganache Torte.  Never had a Ganache before, but it was good and chocolatey.
Ganache Torte.
This meal was totally worth $50.  Individually the Calamari = $13.25, Steak Frites = $21, Ganache Torte = $???, but atleast $6; so you save about $11.  The bonus was the receipt is a coupon for $5 off my next meal in 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment