Sunday, November 20, 2016

Weekend Report -> Party Party

Food this weekend ->
Went to Ox Head for lunch on Friday.  Got the usual Ox Head Vermicelli.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think there was too much meat in my bowl this time.  I needed a couple more pinches of vermicelli noodles.
Ox Head Vermicelli.

Jeff's Birthday dinner party was Friday night.  We went to Rideau Restaurant.  We started with fish maw soup with crab meat.  Very good and real crab meat too.
Fish Maw Soup.
Then we got beef with Chinese greens and beef chow mein.  I didn't realize it at the time, but the beef with Chinese greens was the exact same topping on the beef chow mein.  I forgot and the waitress should have told me.
Beef and Chinese Greens x2?
We also got steamed fish.  Very good and simple.  I didn't find any little bones in the meat too.
Steamed Fish.
Finally mabo tofu.  Very good with rice.
Mabo Tofu.
Linda and Katie made a truffle cake for dessert.  It was really good.  We also had cupcakes from Beyond the Batter.  I didn't try any of the cupcakes as I was too full from dinner and the truffle cake.
Homemade Truffle Cake and Cupcakes.

The softball party was on Saturday night at Gary's house.  Lots of food, drinks, and games.  I started with a chili dog and a turkey warp.
Mmm... Chili Dog.
I made another monkey bread for the party, but there were lots of desserts.
Lots-of-Desserts.
Jes made Bailey's cupcakes.  These were awesome.
Jes's Bailey's Cupcake.

Useless Gaming News:
Picked up couple games that Cindy recommended last week: Pit and Guillotine.
Cindy's Recommendations.
We played Guillotine with Jeff, Linda, and Ben.  It's a very fun game.  Ben kept getting -1 cards on his turn. 
4-Player Guillotine.
Great recommendation Cindy :)

1 comment: