Sunday, October 2, 2016

Weekend Report: Eulogy

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEN!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNCLE CHIN!!!

Food this weekend ->
I thought I had a big meeting with one of my projects on Friday afternoon with the whole team.  So I bought a box of donuts for the team.
Mmm... Donuts.
Turned out it was just me and the manager.  We ate a couple each and then after the meeting I brought the leftovers to the team in the lab.

Potluck at Jeff & Linda's on Saturday.  I made Monkey Bread.  I replaced the walnuts with chopped apple and strawberrys.  I baked it fresh and brought it over to Jeff's in under 10mins and flipped it out of the mold.  It was deadly sweet and good.
Monkey Bread.
Ben made fish, Cindy made wontons, Jeff made steak, and Linda made everything else.
Potluck.

Went to Montreal on Sunday for my uncle's birthday.  We ate lots of food for a late lunch and then cake.  The right cake was a caramel carrot cake.  The left cake was supposed to be a pineapple white cake.  Turned out, its also a carrot cake!  A pineapple carrot cake.
Double Carrot Cakes.
Afterwards, we went to Chinatown for a big dinner.
Fish Maw Soup.
Shrimp and Snow Peas.
Fried Shrimp and Pork with Mayo.
"Running" Chicken.
Fried Rice with Fish Eggs.
Huge Lobsters.
Beef.
Over-cooked Sweet Fish.
Coconut Taro Tapioca.
Sweet Buns.

Useless Gaming News:
After potluck on Saturday we played some boardgames.  We played Machi Koro.  I finally won a game.  Cindy won the second game.  We shutout Everett who usually wins this game.
Machi Koro.
We also played some Code Names: Pictures, Walk the Plank, and Telestrations.  Telestrations was hilarious.  Linda (light blue ink), Cindy (pink), me (purple), Ben (green), Jeff (orange).
Correct Answer:

Beaver pictures:
Freaky Beaver.
Pig-Beaver?

1 comment: