Thursday, October 27, 2016

Daikon Beef Stew

Breakfast today -> Mini Blue Berry Muffins.
I picked up this package of mini blue berry muffins at Sobey's for breakfast.  I was planning on eating the whole box, but I stopped myself after 5.  I figured 4 mini muffins = 1 big muffin, so it wasn't too bad.  They are pretty good, but the Tim Horton muffins are better and more moist.
Mini Blue Berry Muffins.

Dinner today -> Daikon Beef Stew.
I've been boiling and cooling some stewing meat and 4 soup bones over the past 3 days.  I made a great broth and I only added some salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed rosemary, oyster sauce, and shiracha.  I removed the boiled out oil plates before pulling out the delicious marrow from the soup bones and chopping it up.  So the only oil left is the flavourful oil from the marrow.  Last night I added some young daikon slices I got from Farmboy.  Now today, the daikon was full of beef flavour and ready to eat
Daikon Beef Stew
I poured the broth, beef, and daikons over some fresh rice.  It was really good.
Dinner.

Useless Toy News:
Depending on how much this is, I may be getting all of the Playmobils Ghostbuster toys.  It looks really neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment