Monday, October 10, 2016

Long Weekend Report -> Canadian Thanksgiving

Food this weekend ->
Gavin and his family were in town this weekend.  We went out for lunch at Sansotei Ramen.  It's similar to what I ate in Japan.  Very good ramen.
Ben got the Spicy Tan Tan:
Spicy Tan Tan Ramen.
Gavin got Tonkotsu Black:
Tonkotsu Black Ramen.
Emi got Tonkotsu with extra egg:
Tonkotsu Ramen.
I got the Miso Black:  The waitress said I could even eat the flower.  I ate 1 petal.  Didn't taste of anything and had the texture of boiled lettuce.
Miso Black Ramen.

We went hiking in the Gatineau Park on Sunday and then ate Pho.  That's when my phone battery died, so no pics of the food, but it wasn't anything special.  Afterwards we ate Strawberry Whip Cake (from Swiss Pastries) for Emi's Birthday.  She's pregant with a girl too.  Congratulations!
Strawberry Whip Cake.

I also made a nice roast beef this weekend with my 50% off meat.  It was cooked to medium rare, according to my thermometer, but I think it was abit over cooked to a medium.  I'm going to use the leftover bones to make a soup.
Roast Beef on Veggies.

Useless Gaming News:
We played 3-player Artic Scavengers.  It's a different type of decking building game than Dominion.  It's pretty good.  I would play it more.  We played Magic after that.
Artic Scavengers.

Useless Food News:
On Thanksgiving Monday: Susanna, Ben, and I went to Watertown for a US shopping trip.  We went to Salmon Run Mall, Walgreens, Home Depot, Walmart, and Target.  For lunch we went to Sonic's.  I got a cheesy bacon dog in a pretzel bun and foot long dog.  Got a tasty Strawberry Limeade for a drink.
Sonic Hotdogs.
Picked up these goodies at the end of the trip, plus some drinks I forgot to put in the pic.  (Gordon: No Brainstorm at Walgreens)
Watertown stuff.

Useless Wanted Stuff:
WANTED: Pie Face Showdown.  Canada better get this.  I didn't pick it up.
I Challenge Jeff to this Duel!
WANTED: Deep Fried Twinkies.  Would have got a box at Walmart, but we were 2 hrs away from home and they would have defrosted.  If Ogdensburg Walmart has it, I will pick it up.
Hated to Pass This Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment