Sunday, September 11, 2016

Weekend Report: Softball Playoffs

Food this weekend ->
Went to the Kanata Ribfest on Friday for lunch.  My immediate stop was at Brick Yard BBQ.  I like thier food from last year and I wanted it again.
Brick Yard BBQ.
I got the Belly Buster: 1/2 rack of ribs, 1/2 jerk chicken, 1/2 pound of pulled pork, beans, rice, and corn bread.  All this food for $30.  The jerk chicken is amazing.  Better than the ribs.
Belly Buster.

Susanna and I went to the Night Market in Chinatown on Sunday.  It's better that it was when I went a few years ago.  The closed off a part of somerset by Chu Shing.  The vendors were in the parking lot.  We each got a whole squid on a stick. 
2 Squids on Grill.
I got it spicy.  It was very good.
Spicy and Regular Squid on a Stick.
We also waited in line for 10minutes for fresh smelly tofu.  It smells, but when you eat it, it doesn't taste like anything but the sauce.  You can taste the stink in your breath afterwards.
Waiting in Line, Soaking up the Smell.
Susanna and I stunk like the smelly tofu.  The smell seeped into our clothes and hair.  The leftovers in my truck smelled up the whole car!
Smelly Tofu.

Went to T&T after the night market and I picked up a BBQ platter for dinner.
BBQ Platter.

Useless Softball News:
Softball playoffs this weekend.  The CMC Strike Fighters didn't make it to the finals for the first time in 3 years.  We played GDC in our first game.  We blew a 15-12 lead in the last inning to lose in extra innings 15-16.  It was such a disappointing loss as we know we can beat them.
I hit 2-for-3 in that game with 2 singles.
Our 2nd game was against Edge-Kut'rz.  We lost 16-14.  We should have beaten them too, but we gave up 10 runs in the 1st inning.  That one bad inning cost us.
Strike Fighters vs Edge-Kut'rz.
I hit 1-for-1 with a single and 2 walks.

Useless Cartoon News:
This totally doesn't make sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment