Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April Fool's Day: Miracle Boston Creme

It was April Fool's Day today.  I was prepared.  Through connections I was able to obtain 12 Boston Creme donuts, 6 of which were empty of the creme.  I took them home and filled them with a generous squirt of Miracle Whip :)  (Probably about 3 big spoons of mayo in each.)
Left = 6 Boston Creme, Right = Miracle Boston Cremes :)
First Target was Ken.  He was really happy to get a donut this morning, and I know Boston Creme is his favorite too.
Happy Ken.
He took a couple bites, but didn't say anything so I told him.  He thought something was off, but was just being polite and didn't complain.  He kind of liked it too.
Not-So-Happy Ken.
Next target was Clyde.  He was happy for the donut too.
Excited Clyde.
He took 2 huge bites.  Thought something was weird, but thought it was the candy he ate just before that affected the taste.
Suspecting Clyde.
Dave didn't notice at all either.  (Sorry no non-blurry pics)
Marcellus noticed something on the 2nd bite too.  He just thought the creme was going bad.
Pranked Marcellus.
Peter was completely blank about the trap.  He was munching way and asked me if this was a new lemony Boston Creme. 
Hungry Peter.
I think he was going to eat the whole thing without a second thought.  I had to pull him away and tell him to stop eating because I was trying to get Steve at the same time.  Steve thought something was suspicious and didn't fall for it.
Everyone was a good sport about it.  I gave them real Boston Cremes afterwards too.  For some reason most of them would have eaten the whole fake donut.  Maybe it's the tangy Miracle Whip?
Left = Real, Right = Fake Eaten by Ken.
(Thanks Ed for taking the pics.  Thanks to the connection for getting the empty donuts (not saying who).)

No comments:

Post a Comment