Thursday, April 30, 2015

Seafood Boil

Dinner today -> Shawarma and Seafood Boil.
I've been waiting all week for tonight's dinner with the family.  We started with a Shawarma Family Platter from Mr.Shawarma.  Good stuff as usual.
Shawarma.
Then I made a seafood boil with my pressure cooker. 
Seafood in Pressure Cooker.
There was mussels, lobster tails, lobster claws, shrimp, mini-red potatoes, roasted garlic, corn, Korean fish cake, and Oktoberfest sausage.  The broth was made with 2.5 cups of water, 1/2 cup of white wine, 1/4 stick of butter, some dashi powder, and a bit of salt.
Seafood Boil Batch #1.
I bought too much and the lobster claws and tails took too much space, so we had to make 2 batches.  It was only suppose to cook in 15 minutes, but the pressure cooker took 20 minutes to reach the correct pressure before the 15min countdown started.  Need to calculate that in next time.  Also the 2nd batch was cooked in 10 minutes because I thought the 1st batch was abit over cooked.
Batch #2.

Useless Movie News:
Going to see Avengers 2 this Friday morning.  Got tickets for the 11am show in Kanata.  The tickets only cost $7 (Non-3D and Non-IMAX).  I thought they had only offered the pre-noon prices on weekends, and I thought they stopped showing movies before noon when the theatre switched from AMC24 to Landark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment