Sunday, January 11, 2015

Weekend Report: KFC x2

Food this weekend ->
I brought this snack into work on Friday.  It a good crunchy Indian snack.  It was fairly cheap too at Food Basics ($3.50).  The spicy version is better, but it was sold out.  What's surprising to me is that the expiry date is July 2015.  I don't think there are preservatives in it, so how does it last that long?  Not to worry.  It got destroyed in 1 day.
Spicy Version is Better.

Got KFC on Friday night.  I got the new 12 Piece Dark Meat Special for $12.99 (all thighs and drums).  I split it with Ben before going to Brian's for gaming.  But I wasn't satisfied.  I got a second bucket on Sunday afternoon.  Ate it with some fresh rice and washed it down with a strawberry-banana smoothie.
Smoothie and KFC.

Saturday, I made the pork shank from Costco.  There was actually 2 shanks in the container!  I made 1 shank with some red potatoes. 
Pork Shank and Potatoes.
The falls off the bone like pulled pork.  And the sauce was a nice savoury-sweet sauce.  Very good.  I recommend it.  The only bad point is that the marrow was hard to get to.
Meat Falls Off the Bone.

Useless Gaming News:
Friday night at Brian's we played NHL Power Play.  I really simple and fun deck building game.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick it up, if I can still get it on sale at The Calendar Store for 25% off.  It was sold out at Hazeldean Mall.  Need to Check Bayshore or Tanger.
NHL Power Play.
We also played the new Star Wars Imperial Assult minitures game.  It was pretty good.  I played Imperial and everyone else was Rebels.  I won game 1 easily as I over ran Brian's character.  I could have won game 2 if I rolled slightly better.
Game 2 Loss.
We also played Tiny Epic Kingdoms.  It's a simple short game about building your race up and getting victory points.  There is alot of variance as there are many races and many different maps to use.  An OK game.
Tiny Epic Kingdoms.

Useless Idol News:
I got my Kitahara Rie 2015 calendar and some Itano Tomomi CDs.  Calendar isn't that great.  Debating weither to order a different Rie one.
Rie Calendar and Itano CDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment