Monday, January 5, 2015

Hot Water Returns

I've had no hot water in my house since Saturday afternoon.  I thought my hot water tank was busted, but when the service guy showed up this afternoon (he looked and talked like a Russian mobster from a James Bond movie (really cool)), he said the tank was working fine.  He figured the source of the problem was the Therostatic Mixer Valve.  He  said it was a common failure.
Broken Mixer Valve.
Bought a new mixer valve for $100 at Home Depot and it took my dad an hour to replace it.  Hot water returned to the house.  Yeah!  It was tough taking 5 second freezing cold showers.

Lunch today -> Dagwoods
Picked the Dagwood sandwich for lunch.  Ate it while waiting for hot water tank service guy to show up.  The line was long, but was totally worth the wait.  The sandwich is so good.  BTW: always get Dagwood's sauce or Spicy Dagwood's sauce on the sandwich.
The Dagwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment