Monday, January 7, 2013

Holiday Food

First day back a work today..., and I'm totally not used to waking up so early.  My holiday sleep routine was to go to bed at 4, 5, or 6am and wake up at noon.  Getting up at 7:32am was tough and I had to press "snooze" until 8:20am.

Food I made over the holidays:
Hamburger Helper:
Added red onions, corn, carrots, green beans, and red peppers.
Hamburger Helper.

Steak Pita:
I marinated the steak in Korean BBQ sauce for 2 days and it was super tender and flavourful.  Also stuffed the pita with tomatoes, caramelized onions, and yellow peppers.
Steak Pita.

Red Curry with Chicken and Lobster:
I made this batch of red curry with lite-coconut milk.  It did NOT taste the same as the version I made with coconut cream.  It didn't have the initial sweet taste followed by the spicy kick like in the last batch.  It only had a little sweetness and then maintains a heat the whole time.  I wanted the extreme sweet and then spicy kick, that made it taste really good last time.
Red Curry with Chicken and Lobster.
Leftover Red Curry with Chicken and Lobster.

Steaks with Veggies:
Made a couple steaks with misc veggies.
Steak with Rice and Veggies.
Steak with Veggies.

Useless Idol News:
I got my AKB48 Series 2 Cards over the holidays.  I also got some AKB48 Card Sleeves.  Got Kasai, Rie, Yuko, and Yukirin sleeves.  I'll use them for my Magic decks :)
AKB48 Series 2 Cards.
I ordered 6 boxes of the cards because I was expecting it to be a big set and a hard set to complete, like the Series 1 set.  But it turned out to be a really small set and I was able to complete 2 whole sets with all the rares, and a 3rd common set with alot of extra rares.
AKB48 Series 2 Card Set.
I also got 6 shirt cards for the inserts.  All members were from Kashiwagi's Team B.  None of the cards had any ink on them, and 3 were just blank.  I'm not thrilled about the inserts I got.
AKB48 Series 2 Inserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment