Thursday, January 24, 2013

BBQ Chicken Feet, Not Beef Tripe

Lunch today -> Panda Garden Buffet.
Went to Panda Garden Buffet today for lunch.  I met Ed's friend Sue, who is a regular reader of my blog (Thanks!).  I didn't get the chance to ask her, but I was wondering if she's been converted into an AKB48 fan :)
I only ate 3 plates today, and most of it was sushi, chicken wings, mussels, and BBQ chicken feet.  The BBQ chicken feet was really good at Panda.
Plate #2
Reza was following me getting food, and he saw that I took some BBQ chicken feet, so he took some too.  When he ate it, he thought it looked like little fingers but tasted good.  He asked me what he was eating and I told him it was BBQ chicken feet :)  He told me the sign said Beef Tripe.  I looked later and I told him the sign was mixed up with the dish beside it, LOL.  I don't think he finished the feet.

Dinner today -> Beer Battered Fish and French Bread.
Stayed late at CMC today, and didn't feel like making stew so I threw in some frozen Highliner Beer Battered Fish into the oven.  I think I was tired from getting only 4hrs sleep today and 5hrs yesterday.
Beer Battered Fish.
I ended up making fish sandwiches with the French bread.

Useless Transformers News:
Picked up 2 Kre-O combiners at the new Kanata Walmart: Bruticus and Superion.  Predaking was also there, but it was opened.  Didn't see Devastator there.  I'm on vacation Friday so I'll go hunting for Kre-O blind packs and the other combiners at Barrhaven and Merivale.
Kre-O Combiners.

Useless Idol News:
Day 1 of the "AKB48 Request Hour Setlist Best 100" concert was this morning at 4am(EST).  I was surprised some of the big singles like "Beginner", "RIVER", and "Kaze wa Fuiteiru" dropped rank way down to the 80's this year.  One of my favorites "Ponytail to Shushu" dropped from #25 to #80 this year.
#97 Bacchikoi K, #88 Shoujotachi Yo, #86 Oh my God!
#84 Sasae, #80 Ponytail to Shushu, #78 Kuchiutsushi no Chocolate.
Day 1 ended with Kasai centered "Dakishimeraretara" with Mocchi and Kikuchi.
#76 Dakishimeraretara.
In the preview of the new AKB48 single "So Long", it had the girls doing sign language for the 1st verse of the song!  Pretty nice.
Maybe Andrew and Gordon will wake up early on Fri or the weekend to watch Days 2-4.

2 comments:

  1. I did not eat any of the dim sum items. I can't believe your coworker tried the feet (even if he thought they were tripe - who would want to eat that?). I thought somebody said that there were some new items on the menu but I didn't notice anything new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The BBQ Chicken Feet was really good. I think I ate about 8 feet. You should try it next time, since it doesn't cost you anything.

    ReplyDelete