Sunday, December 18, 2011

Weekend Report: Lobster Overload

This weekend was all about eating, sleeping, and playing Skyrim :)

Food this weekend ->
I picked up 3 live 2lb lobsters from Sobey's at lunch time on Friday, and the slaughter began Friday night.
The first guy I boiled in salty water and with some garlic powder and leftover onion. He twitched quite abit when I dropped him in.


^ Lobster #1.
I was surprised that the 1 lobster I ate was enough to satisfy me for the whole meal. Maybe because it took me an hour to eat?
I got all the meat out of the lobster too, including the meat behind the eyeballs and the string of meat in the antennas :)


^ Lobster #1 Remains.

The lobster boxes didn't fit in my fridge, so I stored the other 2 lobsters overnight in the garage covered in wet newspaper. This helped them stay alive til Saturday, when I ate those guys for lunch and dinner :)


^ Lobster #2 and #3.
I think I'm all lobstered out for the rest of the year :)

I made pancakes from the instant mix bottle from the dollar store I got awhile back. They turned out pretty good. I got 14 pancakes out of the bottle.
I made 2 stacks, covered them with syrup, added a big blob of apple pie jam (from the Stittsville flea market), and a blob of butter. Good stuff :)


^ Dollar Store Pancakes.

Also made a Shepard's pie I got from Giant Tiger. It was 2 huge platters for only $10.


^ Shepard's Pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment